SUMMARY, CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The main purpose of this study was to find out whether followership educational leaders have a significant influence on the organizational efficiency and workforce mobility of teachers. Furthermore, this study aimed to find out answers to the following sub-problems:
1. What is the level of followership skills of educational leaders in terms of:
2. What is the level of organizational efficiency of state universities and colleges in Davao Region in terms of:
2. Employee welfare and development
3. Work environment
4. Working relationship
5. Performance monitoring
6. Policy implementation
3. What is the extent of workforce mobility of teachers of state universities and colleges in Davao Region
1. Performance factors
2. Personal qualities
3. Interpersonal relationships
4. Attendance and punctuality
4. Is there a significant relationship between:
1. Followership skills of educational leaders and organizational efficiency, and
2. Followership skills of educational leaders and workforce mobility of teacher
5. Do followership skills significantly influence organizational efficiency and workforce mobility
The researcher used the descriptive-correlation method of research. The data were obtained through the instruments which were administered to two hundred seventy eight (278) teachers under the supervision of 30 educational leaders. The statistical tools used were Mean, ANOVA, Pearson r and Multiple Regression.
The following were the findings of the study:
1. The overall followership of the educational leaders was 3.95 with a descriptive equivalent of high. The six indicators of followership were also rated high, envisioning had a mean score of 4.02, modeling had a mean score of 3.91, receptiveness had a mean score of 3.95, influence had a mean score of 3.96, adaptability had a mean score of 3.84, and initiative had a mean score of 4.01.
2. The overall mean score of organizational efficiency was 4.02 with a descriptive equivalent of extensive. The seven indicators of organizational efficiency were also rated high. Mission, vision and values had a mean score of 4.28 followed by organizational efficiency with a mean rating of 4.15, work environment 4.04, working relationship a mean score of 3.99, working relationship a mean of 3.99, employee welfare and development 3.89, and policy implementation with a rating of 3.85.
3. The overall mean score of workforce mobility was 4.18 with a descriptive equivalent of extensive. The seven indicators of workforce mobility were also rated high. Interpersonal Relationship had a mean score of 4.37, Personal Qualities a mean score 4.26, Attendance 4.21, and Performance Factor with a rating of 3.87.
4. The r-value of .79 between followership and organizational efficiency showed a probability value lesser than ? 0.05 significance level, hence there was a significant relationship. Likewise, between followership and workforce mobility, the r-value was .30 with a probability value of less than ? 0.05 hence registering also a significant relationship.
5. The coefficient of determination of 0.63 with a probability value less than 0.05 indicated a significant influence of followership skills and organizational efficiency, similarly the R2 of 0.11 with a probability value less than 0.05 showed also a significant influence of followership on workforce mobility.
Based on the findings of the study, the following conclusions are drawn:
1. Educational leaders of Davao Region have a high level of followership skills in terms of envisioning, modeling, receptiveness, influence, adaptability and initiative.
2. Educational leaders of Davao Region have a high level of organizational efficiency in terms of mission, vision, and values; employment welfare development; working environment; working relationships; performance monitoring; policy implementation and organization efficiency.
3. The workforce mobility of state universities and colleges in terms of performance, personal qualities, interpersonal relationship and attendance is extensive.
4. Educational leaders??™ followership skills and organization efficiency are significantly related. Educational leaders??™ followership skills and workforce mobility are also significantly related.
5. Followership skills of educational leaders significantly influence the organization efficiency and workforce mobility of teachers of state universities and colleges in Davao Region.
Based on the results of the study, the researcher came up with the following recommendations:
1. Followership may be instilled by educational leaders in the culture of the educational organization especially in the aspect of implementing school regulations, planning and employee development programs;
2. Trainings and seminars pertaining to followership may be given to educational leaders and teachers so that there would be greater understanding with regards to the implication of followership in work performance and organizational efficiency.
3. Teachers may provide honest evaluation on the strength and weakness of their educational leaders in their followership skills to fill a major gap that will have a powerful impact on many leaders, disciplines and organizations.
4. Followership as predictor of organizational efficiency and workforce mobility may be instilled among students to encourage and promote good work habits when they are already placed in the industrial setting.
5. Further studies on these aspects may be done to further validate the findings of this study.